Zacharo is relatively a young city since there was as organized residential complex before the release of 1821. Course of the area was a rural area community Alvainas (Minthi) and seasonally inhabited by agro-pastoralists Community of Minthi normally. This is demonstrated for the post-revolutionary period, but was certainly continuity of Ottoman and past generations. In the census of District Olympia made by the Venetians in 1690 the village was named Zacharo and referred almost all around the Zacharos mountainous and hilly villages.
After the final conquest of the province of Olympia under the Turks from the Venetians in 1715, the area was occupied by the Turks, in the last years before the clearance is reported as a Manor of Lalaion Turks Azizaga (son of Alifarmaki and prwtexadelfoy of Azizaga of Seintanaga). This placed the annals after the Orlov revolt in 1770 era, during which resolved the class under the Turks with cooperation of the Greeks against the Albanians who had brought the Turks against the Insurgent Greeks who Albanians made all kinds of atrocities, looting and had another fight for the imposition of the order.At that time was definitely the power of Lalaion Turks who exploited like tsiflikoychoi the enemonto area residents of Minthis who after the liberation appeared as the main owners of the region. It took 50 years to create real household space and proclaimed the Zacharo Municipality in 1881. By then the city was when the Saraina (Kalidona), when the Tsobartzi (Arene) and when the Albaina (Minthi 1843) when the Mayor was taking with him the seal because he had his summer headquarters in Zacharo, this short period of time.
Tradition says that he built the Figalos, son of Lycaon near the Bank of the river Neda. This city has had remarkable acne, but patrons at various intervals. In 659 b.c. they conquer the Spartans the 220-217 BC aitolian and later Philip v of Macedonia In Figaleia belonged and the Temple of epicurean Apollo, whom the inhabitants built in honor of the God Apollo who stood Assistant (Assistant) in an epidemic that struck the city during the Peloponnesian War. The city surrounded powerful wall length of 4 km.With rectangular and circular towers which survives even today in very good condition and in enough height. The Figaleia was the only outlet to the sea of Arcadia was mesogeias Mall and communicated with the West. The city had to show Olympians and had market and high school. the city was inhabited the 174 a.d by information that gives us Pausanias (, 39).
The intervention area has a long history and examining in the context of the overall history of Ilia can be divide into following parts until the period of Venetian and Ottoman occupation: a. Prehistoric Ileia b. acne story of Elia (850-323 b.c.) c. history of the Macedonian years Elia (323-445 BC) d. Elia history of Roman times (145-395 a.d.) e. medieval history of Ilia (Byzantine and Occidental 395-1460 a.d.) (F). The Ottoman and Venetian Elia on history (1460-1821 ad).